Toyota is recalling approximately 696,000 vehicles, including Lexus LS, LC, RC, GS, IS, ES, LX, GX, RX and NX models, along with Toyota 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra, Avalon and Corolla models. According to Toyota, a faulty fuel pump could cause the vehicle to stall, increasing its risk of being in a crash.
What’s the Problem?
The fuel pump may stop working, which could affect the engine’s operation and eventually lead to a stall. Toyota says that if this happens when drivers are moving “at higher speeds,” there is a higher chance of a crash.
This recall is for about 696,000 Lexus and Toyota vehicles:
- 2018-2019 Lexus LS 500 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus LC 500 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus RC 350 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus RC 300 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus GS 350 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus IS 300 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus ES 350 cars
- 2018-2019 Lexus LX 570 SUVs
- 2018-2019 Lexus GX 460 SUVs
- 2018-2019 Lexus RX 350 SUVs
- 2019 Lexus NX 300 SUVs
- 2019 Lexus RX 350L SUVs
- 2019 Lexus GS 300 cars
- 2018-2019 Toyota 4Runner SUVs
- 2018-2019 Toyota Camry cars
- 2018-2019 Toyota Highlander SUVs
- 2018-2019 Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs
- 2018-2019 Toyota Sequoia SUVs
- 2018-2019 Toyota Sienna minivans
- 2018-2019 Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks
- 2018-2019 Toyota Tundra pickup trucks
- 2019 Toyota Avalon cars
- 2019 Toyota Corolla cars
What’s the Fix?
Toyota will fix the problem at no cost to owners, although a specific remedy is not available yet.
What Owners Should Do
You can find out whether the recall affects your vehicle by using Carfax’s recall check tool. Toyota is expected to finish notifying owners by mid-March 2020.
If your vehicle is affected, you should check with your local dealer to see if they have received instructions on how to perform the repair and if they have the necessary parts. You can use this page to find the best local repair shops through Carfax.
Toyota Campaign Numbers
NHTSA Campaign Numbers
Get Automatic Recall Alerts for Your Car With myCarfax
If you’d rather not wait for your recall notices to arrive in the U.S. mail, sign up for myCarfax. Simply enter your license plate information, and we’ll send you alerts if any new recalls are issued for your car. MyCarfax can also alert you when it’s time to service your car, renew your registration and more.