2017 Lexus LX Review
2017 Lexus LX Review
- Original MSRP$89,880
- Fuel Economy13/18 City/Hwy
- Body StylesSUV
(Last Updated 12/18/2017)
The 2017 Lexus LX 570 is a handsome and powerful full-size SUV with a luxurious cabin that seats eight. Its rugged body-on-frame architecture, sophisticated drivetrain and adjustable suspension ensure that the LX is more than just a pretty face. This SUV is a comfortable highway cruiser that has the credentials for off-road fun.
The 2017 Lexus LX 570 is powered by a V8 engine and an eight-speed automatic transmission. Full-time four-wheel drive is standard, and the LX comes in a single, well-equipped trim. For 2017, the LX 570 adds an optional center-console cool box.
Thanks to its 2016 refresh, the LX 570 is sharper, bolder and more menacing than ever. From the oversized spindle grille to the dramatic LED taillights, the LX 570 is a head-turning full-size luxury SUV that looks as comfortable cruising down the highway as it does conquering a rocky off-road trail.
As Lexus’ flagship SUV, the LX 570 is a fine example of what is possible in the full-size luxury segment. The rugged body-on-frame construction has been dressed up with upscale appointments including standard 20-inch alloy wheels and chrome-plated door handles and trim. LED lighting and turn signals on the side mirrors add to the LX’s premium look.
Additional standard features include front and rear mudguards, a tow hitch, roof rails, a power sunroof, rear privacy glass, pop-up headlamp washers, a rear spoiler and a shark-fin antenna. A two-piece power rear door and easy-close tailgate dress up the exterior and provide excellent access to the LX 570’s cargo space.
While the LX 570 is essentially a one-trim fully loaded vehicle, the exterior can be further enhanced with optional 21-inch alloy wheels, roof-rack cross bars and alloy wheel locks.
The LX 570 features a spacious cabin, providing plenty of leg- and headroom. The fit and finish is impeccable, with high-quality materials used throughout. Standard leather seating surfaces and genuine wood trim provide a comfortable environment for all eight passengers.
The LX 570 provides 9.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind the third row. With the third row folded, this figures grows to 24.8 cubic feet. Fold the second row, and you’ll enjoy 44.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity. While generous, these figures trail those of the Infiniti QX80 (16.6/49.6/95.1 cubic feet) and the Cadillac Escalade (15.2/51.6/94.2 cubic feet).
Standard features include a 14-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and a 12-way power-adjustable passenger seat. A power-adjustable sliding second-row seat and a power-folding third-row seat allow you to easily configure the SUV’s passenger space. Additional interior highlights include LED interior lighting and illuminated scuff plates.
An optional Luxury package includes semi-aniline leather, heated and ventilated front and second-row seats and four-zone climate control.
The LX 570 is powered by a 5.7-liter V8 engine that generates 383 horsepower and 403 pound-feet of torque. The full-size SUV utilizes an eight-speed automatic transmission that helps with performance and fuel economy. Still, the SUV’s sheer size and weight take on a toll on fuel economy, with the LX getting an EPA-estimated 13/18 mpg city/highway.
The LX 570 is a soft and comfortable cruiser that is equally at home on the highway and in the city. The robust engine provides excellent acceleration. Zero to 60 mph ticks by in 7.3 seconds, making highway passing a breeze. The large nature of the SUV limits the LX 570’s ease of use in crowded urban environments, but the standard surround-view camera assists the driver when parking and moving around in congested areas.
All LX 570 models feature full-time four-wheel drive and a user-controllable off-road system with different settings that allow the driver to, among other options, lock the center differential and manually engage a low-speed transfer case. The vehicle’s easy-to-access off-road-friendly features, including an adjustable ride height and suspension, make it a great pick for off-the-beaten-path adventures. Add in the SUV’s ability to tow up to 7,000 pounds, and it is easy to see how the LX 570 makes a great family weekend warrior.
As Lexus’ flagship SUV, the LX 570 is loaded with standard technology features. Every LX 570 is equipped with a premium infotainment system that includes a 12.3-inch high-resolution split-screen display. The list of standard features includes a nine-speaker audio system, smartphone integration, a CD player, an MP3 player, satellite radio, HD radio and Bluetooth connectivity.
The Lexus Enform App Suite is included with no subscription fee and features destination search, fuel prices and a long list of available applications including Pandora, Yelp and iHeartRadio. Additionally, the LX 570 comes with one-year subscriptions to SiriusXM Data Services (NavTraffic, weather and travel) and Lexus Enform Destinations (a virtual concierge system).
Available features include a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system, a color head-up display, wireless smartphone charging and a 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference surround-sound audio system.
While the LX 570’s large amount of standard technology (and the infotainment system’s Remote Touch controller) can be a bit overwhelming at first, we found it all fairly intuitive and easy to use after a few days behind the wheel. The split-screen system and large 12.3-inch screen provide plenty of real estate for simultaneously viewing the navigation and audio system.
Every LX 570 comes with stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes and a suite of airbags. The LX 570 also includes standard rain-sensing wipers, daytime running lights and a tire-pressure monitoring system. A surround-view camera system, adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams, lane departure alert, blind spot monitoring and forward collision warning with automatic braking are also included.
Lexus offers the 2017 Lexus LX 570 in a single trim starting at $89,380, not including a $995 delivery fee. It comes with a powerful V8 engine and four-wheel drive, as well as a feature-laden interior.
Available options include the aforementioned Luxury package ($1,190), and a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system is available for $2,005. Additionally, buyers can opt for a Mark Levinson Reference surround sound system ($2,350), a color heads-up display ($900), 21-inch alloy wheels ($745), a heated steering wheel ($150), a cool box ($170) and a wireless smartphone charger ($75).
Lexus’ flagship SUV comes with a high price of admission. Those who appreciate the Lexus brand’s reputation for quality, require the LX’s off-road capabilities and love the presence and curb appeal of the LX 570 will likely find no substitute. However, those who can live with a similarly equipped SUV that lacks some of the LX’s off-road worthiness will likely want to investigate the more affordable Infiniti QX80, Lincoln Navigator or Cadillac Escalade.
With ample curb appeal, excellent power and luxury appointments inside and out, the 2017 Lexus LX 570 is a full-size luxury SUV for a discerning owner who values quality and comfort.
While the LX 570 certainly isn’t for everyone, Lexus’ flagship SUV is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a full-size luxury vehicle that’s rugged enough to handle off-road adventures.
Specs & Features
- Nebula Gray Pearl
- Atomic Silver
- Starfire Pearl
- Black Onyx
- Satin Cashmere Metallic
- Nightfall Mica
Wheel and tire type
- Wheel Diameter: 20.0 X 8.5 Inches
- Tire Type: 285/50r20 112v
Available exterior features
- Rear Bumper Color: Body-color
- Mirror Color: Body-color
- Rear Spoiler: Roofline
- Exhaust Tip Color: Stainless-steel
- Running Board Color: Body-color
- Rear Spoiler Color: Body-color
- Mudguards: Front/Rear
- Grille Color: Chrome Surround/Metallic
- Bumper Detail: Rear Protector
- Running Boards: Illuminated/Step
- Window Trim: Chrome
- Headlight Bezel Color: Chrome
- Front Bumper Color: Body-color
- Door Handle Color: Chrome
- Width Without Mirrors: 78 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 8.9 Inches
- Angle Of Approach: 25 Degrees
- Width: 78 Inches
- Length: 200 Inches
- Height: 75.2 Inches
- Wheelbase: 112.2 Inches
- Break-over Angle: 23.0 Degrees
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 7385 Pounds
- Rear Track Width: 64.6 Inches
- Curb Weight: 6000 Pounds
- Angle Of Departure: 20 Degrees
- Front Track Width: 64.8 Inches
- Rear Air Conditioning Zones: Dual
- Armrests: Rear Center Folding With Storage/Rear Center With Cupholders
- Air Filtration
- Floor Mats: Front/Rear
- Power Locks: Auto-locking
- Shift Knob Trim: Leather
- Dash Trim: Leather/Wood
- Front Air Conditioning: Automatic Climate Control
- Door Trim: Leather/Wood
- Steering Wheel Trim: Leather/Wood
- Center Console Trim: Leather/Wood
- Interior Accents: Chrome/Leather/Metallic-tone/Woodgrain
- Rear Air Conditioning: Automatic Climate Control/Independently Controlled
- Door Sill Trim: Illuminated Scuff Plate
- Front Air Conditioning Zones: Dual
- Floor Material: Carpet
- Floor Mat Material: Carpet
- Driver Assistance App: Roadside Assistance
- Electronic Messaging Assistance: Voice Operated/With Read Function
- Navigation App: Traffic Data
- Navigation System: Memory Card/Voice Operated
- Phone: Hands Free
- Wireless Data Link: Bluetooth
- Radio Data System
- Auxiliary Audio Input: Bluetooth/USB/IPod/iPhone/Jack
- In-Dash CD: DVD Audio/MP3 Playback/Single Disc
- Digital Sound Processing
- Total Speakers: 9
- Satellite Radio: SiriusXM
- Antenna Type: Diversity/Mast
- Speed Sensitive Volume Control
- Radio: AM/FM/HD Radio/Voice Operated
- Internet Radio App: Pandora/Slacker/IHeartRadio
- Infotainment: Enform
- Bucket Front Seats
- Upholstery: Leather-trimmed
- Rear Seat: Sliding
- Third Row Seat Folding: Power
- Adjustable Rear Seats
- 12-Way Power Passenger Seat Adjustments
- Rear Seat Power Adjustments
- 14-Way Power Driver Seat Adjustments
- Split-Folding Rear Seat
- 40-20-40 Split Rear Seat
- Third Row Seat Type: 50-50 Split Bench
- Passenger Volume: 158.9 Cubic Feet
- Max Seating: 8
- Front Hip Room: 58.7 Inches
- Front Shoulder Room: 61 Inches
- Rear Hip Room: 58.5 Inches
- Cargo Volume Third Row Down Only: 41 Cubic Feet
- Interior Volume: 174.4 Cubic Feet
- Hip Room 3rd Row: 56.6
- Leg Room 3rd Row: 28.3
- Rear Legroom: 34.4 Inches
- Cargo Volume All Rear Seats Down: 83.1 Cubic Feet
- Front Legroom: 42.9 Inches
- Front Headroom: 38.3 Inches
- Rear Headroom: 38.9 Inches
- Head Room 3rd Row: 35.8
- Shoulder Room 3rd Row: 62.3
- Standard Seating: 8
- Seating Rows: 3
- Cargo Volume: 15.5 Cubic Feet
- Rear Shoulder Room: 59.1 Inches
- 4WD Type: Full Time
- Axle Ratio: 3.31
- Center Differential: Mechanical
- Drive Mode Selector
- Limited Slip Differential: Center
- Locking Differential: Center
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 7000 Pounds
- Transmission Type: 8-speed Automatic W/sequential Shift Mode
- Type: A
- Gears: 8
- Engine Type: 8 Cylinders
- Displacement(liters): 5.7
- Horsepower: 383
- Torque: 403
- Rear Suspension Type: Multi-link
- Front Suspension Type: Double Wishbone
- Self Leveling Suspension
- Rear Suspension Classification: Solid Live Axle
- Front Stabilizer Bar
- Front Shock Type: Gas
- Rear Spring Type: Coil
- Rear Stabilizer Bar
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Rear Shock Type: Gas
- Front Spring Type: Coil
- Active Suspension
- Suspension Control: Electronic
- Front Struts
- Driver Adjustable Suspension: Height/Ride Control
- Acceleration (0-60MPH): 7.3
- Aerodynamic Drag: 0.35
- Turning Circle: 38.7
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- City: 13
- Highway: 18
- Combined: 15
- New Car Basic Warranty: 48 Months/50000 Miles
- Powertrain: Drivetrain/Powertrain: 72 Months/70000 Miles
- Corrosion Perforation: Rust: 72 Months/0 Miles