MODEL OVERVIEWThe H3 was produced by General Motors between 2005 and 2010 featuring a full-time, electronically controlled four-wheel drive system, making this SUV perfect for those drivers looking for on and off road adventures. For those who need to work with this SUV, there are standard rear recovery hooks, optional wiring harnesses, and a trailer hitch. Drivers can also opt for front and rear electronic locking differentials.
The straight-5 manual transmission can tow a maximum of 3,000 pounds, while the straight-5 automatic transmission can tow a maximum of 4,400 pounds. When the rear seats are folded down, the cargo area measures 55.7 cubic feet. And even when they are not folded down, there is still 35 cubic feet of space in the cargo area.
If you are looking for the ultimate expression of polished sophistication when it comes to transporting your family back and forth to school, or towing cargo for business, the Hummer H3 is more than capable. Not only will you be able to take advantage of the spacious seating and cargo area for family, but also the towing capacity.
SAFETYThe NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) rated the 2010 Hummer H3's frontal driver crash test with five out of five stars, frontal passenger crash test with four out of five stars, side driver test with five out of five stars, side rear passenger test with five out of five stars, and AWD rollover test with three out of five stars. During testing with the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety), the 2008 H3 received a "poor" rating for the side-impact and frontal offset crash tests.
NOTEWORTHY ABOUT THE HUMMER H3
- The front seats are cloth and bucket style. The driver seat features: power 8-way adjustments, height adjustments, and adjustable lumbar support.
- Power features in the 2010 H3 include door locks that are power operated with a remote control, power mirrors, and one window that is operated with one touch.
- Convenience features in the 2010 Hummer H3 include cruise control, cup holders throughout, power steering, tilt-adjusting steering wheel, a console in front with storage, door pockets in the front, storage in the front seatbacks, 12V power outlet in the cargo area, and a 12V power outlet in the front.
- In-vehicle entertainment features for the 2010 H3 include a total of six speakers playing an in-dash AM/FM stereo featuring a single disc CD player. There is also speed sensitive volume control, and XM satellite radio.
- Safety features for the 2010 H3 include anchors for child seats, break assist for emergencies, child safety door locks for the rear seats, an immobilizer for the engine, headlamps with a delayed shutoff, an anti-theft alarm system that is remote, and running lights for daytime use. There are also fog lights, headlamps that detect dusk, headrests for the rear, and a three-point seat belt for the center rear passenger.