Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Scion tC

The 2014 Scion tC is a fun coupe with a sporty look. It's fun to drive, and the base model includes a high-quality audio system, USB port, Bluetooth, and keyless entry. For the price, it offers a good variety of standard features, and gets good gas mileage. While you're shopping for the right vehicle, use CARFAX to get information that helps you make an informed decision. By using carfax.com, you have access to a variety of Scion tC cars that come with free vehicle reports revealing information such as accident history and maintenance records.

Read More Below »

Used Scion tC: In Depth


MODEL OVERVIEW

An excellent choice for a college student, first time driver, or anyone with a long commute, the 2014 Scion tC is a good-looking coupe with an impressive array of standard features. It gets good gas mileage thanks to the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. With 179 hp and 172-lb-ft of torque delivered through a front-wheel drivetrain, the tC is fun to drive and easy to control. You can choose between a six-speed automatic or manual transmission. For those that like to feel connected to the car, the manual transmission is recommended, however, the automatic transmission can make a long commute much easier.

Whether you're driving to the office or heading to school, you'll appreciate the many features on the tC. Bluetooth compatibility allows you to chat with friends without physically holding your phone. The eight-speaker stereo system with a touchscreen display lets you quickly navigate through your music library. Plus, the USB port and auxiliary jack let you plug in your music player.

On the exterior, the chrome-tipped exhaust and 18-inch alloy wheels add to the sporty appearance. Power outside mirrors help you observe your surroundings, and the projector-beam headlights let you see clearly at night. If you're trying to conserve gas and you have an automatic transmission, the eco-driving indicator lights up when you're driving in a manner that saves fuel.

Scion adds many more features including a leather-trimmed steering wheel, digital clock, and sport front bucket seats. Starting at $19,965 with the manual transmission and $20,965 with the automatic transmission, the 2014 Scion tC offers great value for the price. If you're looking for an even more budget-friendly alternative, look at the first-generation tC models. The 2005 tC was the first one released, and it doesn't vary too much from the current model. It features an inline four-cylinder engine that produces 160 hp, and comes with the option of a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic. The beauty of these cars is that Scion decided to let customers decide how to customize the vehicles for the most part, so you can find many different cars with features such as an interior light kit, subwoofer, and more.

SAFETY

Named as a 2014 Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the 2014 Scion tC tested well in every category. The 2011 to 2013 earned exceptional ratings as well, except they were not tested for a small overlap front crash, which is when a car hits an object such as a light pole or tree.

The 2005 to 2010 models earned an "acceptable" rating when testing how the side and front of the vehicle react in a collision. They earned a "marginal" rating when testing the head restraints and ability of the seats to reduce the risk of a serious injury.

NOTEWORTHY ABOUT THE SCION tC

  • The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the 2014 Scion tC an overall 5-star rating, which indicates that its an extremely safe vehicle.
  • Kelley Blue Book named the 2013 Scion tC in its list of the top 10 vehicles in the Best Resale Category.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners Scion tC


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the tC is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 38.7 percent. At 35.0 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 73.7 percent for 1-2 owners.

Number of Service Records Scion tC


Carfax Chart

The Scion tC has an average of 6.3 service records, such as oil changes or tire rotations. 56 percent have more than 5 service records. A high number of service records can be an indication of a well maintained vehicle. 

2014 Scion tC Specifications

  • From $19,965
  • 2.5-liter 4-cylinder

  • 23 city /31 hwy mpg

  • Front-wheel drive
  • 6-speed Manual or Automatic

  • 179 hp @ 6000 rpm

  • 106.3 inches