Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Mitsubishi Lancer

For those looking to enter the small sedan market, the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer offers some compelling features at the upper end trim levels, which makes purchasing a Lancer a nice option for consideration.  The small sedan is great for people who are on the go.  With four door access, or a hatch back option, getting in and out is not a problem. The Lancer's sports car like features on the upper end trim make for some exciting driving opportunities.  If you are thinking about stepping in and turning the key on a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer that has caught your eye, be sure to first check out CARFAX to ensure you know everything you need to know about that particular vehicle.    

Read More Below »

Used Mitsubishi Lancer: In Depth


 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Overview

As noted, the Lancer received some upgrades at the upper trim levels which add to the driving experience over earlier models. Some of the luxurious upgrades include leather wrapped shift knobs and steering wheels, a power sunroof, improved Bluetooth® 2.0 technology, and a soft-touch door trim make for comfortable amenities.

In terms of driving excitement, the model offers several entry points from the banal to the exciting.  The fairly sedate, base 2.0 liter, four-cylinder engine is an excellent commuter car that delivers solid performance for the driver seeking to get from point A to point B, but as Motor Trend Magazine points out, “buyers should look to the higher SE and GT trims if they want to move past basic transportation needs.”

This advice is owing to the fact that the upgraded 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder engine is capable of delivering significant more horsepower over the tamer 2.0 model.  For top level performance in a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer, the prospective buyer would be best served by giving the Lancer Ralliart a closer look.  With its turbocharged, 2.0-liter and four-cylinder engine, the Lancer Ralliart delivers 237 hp worth of excitement under the hood.  Additionally, improved handling is achieved through an improved suspension system that makes driving the 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer a lot of fun on or off the highway.   

2013 Mitsubishi Safety Features

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer earned high marks in crash test ratings for front, side, and rollover accidents with four out of five stars earned.  Standard features on the 2014 Lancer include numerous airbags, stability control, and a tire pressure monitoring system that all add to the safety column of the Mitsubishi Lancer.

An antilock braking system, traction control logic, and height adjustable front shoulder belts, coupled to seven strategically placed airbags, including a driver’s knee airbag, is what affords such a high safety rating.  Additional amenities include an anti-theft security alarm, anti-theft engine immobilizer, and front pedestrian impact crumble zones. 

2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Noteworthy Features

The Lancer has achieved some noteworthy distinctions on all trim levels for the impressive safety features built into all of the 2013 Lancer offerings.  For higher end excitement however, the Lancer Ralliart is an exciting ride at a reasonable price.  With high end amenities, a strong safety record, and impressive turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, the Lancer Ralliart is designed to deliver the goods when it comes to excitement out on the roadway.  The vehicle makes for a comfortable ride at an affordable price, which depending on your budget can get you around town or get you around the corner at exciting speeds.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners Lancer


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the Mitsubishi Lancer is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 40.5 percent. At 32.2 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 72.7 percent for 1-2 owners.

Average Odometer Reading


Carfax Chart

If you are looking for a Mitsubishi Lancer with no more than 60,000 miles, start your search with the 2009 model year.

2014 Lancer Specifications

  • From $17,195
  • 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder

  • 26 city/34 hwy mpg

  • 5-speed manual

  • 148 hp @ 6000 rpm

  • 103.7 inches