Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Mercedes-Benz ML

The goal of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz ML SUV is to provide the most enjoyable, safest ride possible through sophisticated interior design and advanced technological features. The well-constructed front seats offer a cool breeze on a sunny day, a blast of heat on a chilly day, and can even give you a massage to keep you comfortable during long trips. On your hunt for the right car, use CARFAX to help find the right vehicle with the right history. Carfax.com shows Mercedes-Benz MLs in your area with detailed reports revealing accident and title history, maintenance records, and other useful information.

Read More Below »

Used Mercedes-Benz ML: In Depth


MODEL OVERVIEW

Available in four trim levels, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz ML ranges from a moderately-powered SUV to a high-performance vehicle that gives most cars a run for their money. The base ML350 comes with a 3.5-liter V6, and is suitable for everyday commuting, as well as towing a trailer or small boat for vacations. With a maximum towing capacity of 6,600 pounds, it should be able to handle most families' needs, and the other three trim levels bump this number up to 7,200 pounds.

If you're looking for the best fuel economy, the Mercedes ML350 BlueTEC has a 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine that gets 20/28 mpg—the best of all four models. Drivers who want power should look at the ML550 or the ML63 AMG. With a 4.6-liter twin-turbo V8 engine, the ML550 offers roaring acceleration and excellent handling, especially for an SUV. For the ultimate in speed and luxury, the ML63 AMG is the way to go. This trim has a powerful engine for the ultimate in handling and acceleration. The menacing 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine propels the car from zero to 60 mph in an astonishing 4.7 seconds.

One feature that's central to the Mercedes ML is the control center which is attached to an LCD screen. Through this single device, you can control the navigation system, audio and video system, Bluetooth, and other settings which improves your driving experience by making features convenient and easy to access. Bluetooth and HD radio come standard, but if you choose the Premium 1 Package, you also get the premium package which adds an 80-GB hard drive to store navigation info, a rear-view camera to assist you while reversing, and a 14-way power driver's seat with memory so multiple drivers can configure the seat the way they like it.

Since its creation, the M-Class SUVs have offered great performance. However, the first-generation models have a plain body style that doesn't match its power. If you're looking for an aggressive body style to accompany the powerful engine, begin your search with the more recent models.

Safety Features

Standard safety features include seven airbags, anti-lock brakes, LED lights that turn on as soon as the car is started, and a system that monitors your driving and alerts you when it detects possible signs of fatigue.

The 2014 Mercedes-Benz ML was named a 2014 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for its great performance in every category of crash testing.

On every test the IIHS conducts, it gives the vehicle a poor, marginal, acceptable, or good rating, and from 1999 to 2014, the Mercedes Benz ML earned "good" ratings on every test it went through, except the 2006 model which earned a "marginal" rating on the head restraints and seats test. While the earlier ML models didn't go through as much testing as newer models have, the trend since the beginning shows that Mercedes ML vehicles are extremely safe.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners Mercedes Benz ML


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the Mercedes ML is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 40.3 percent. At 32.0 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 72.3 percent for 1-2 owners.

 

Number of Service Records Mercedes Benz ML


Carfax Chart

The Mercedes ML has an average of 7.2 service records, such as oil changes or transmission fluid changes. 58 percent have had more than five service records, making this a well maintained vehicle.

2014 Mercedes-Benz ML

  • From $47,790
  • 3.5L V6

  • 17 city mpg / 22 highway mpg

  • Rear-wheel drive
  • Automatic
  • 302 hp
  • 114.8 inches

I purchased a Mercedes Benz ML320. Your report indicated no problems with the car, no history of any negative incidents, and that it had been a fleet leased vehicle. Thanks for providing this information.

—Maria Tolome