Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Mazda Mazda6

The Mazda6 is a large powerful car that has a strong appeal for families because it is fuel efficient, spacious, and rich in safety features. It was designed to be intuitive to the driver's environment, with features like cruise control, Dynamic Stability Control, a rear camera, and controls that are mounted to the steering wheel. Since the vehicle is popular and has been produced since 2002, you can typically find several Mazda6 models at carfax.com. We strive at CARFAX to give you both detailed information on the Mazda6 in addition to proprietary CARFAX data related to the individual vehicle's records. 

Read More Below »

Used Mazda Mazda6: In Depth


Model Overview

The Mazda6 is a five-passenger stylish mid-sized car that has a feeling of spaciousness beyond its size and class thanks to its design. It's a very family-friendly car that has been made to deliver on the many things a family may need from a vehicle. With plentiful cargo space, the Mazda6 gives you room for taking along sporting equipment to school games or the space for a large shopping trip. The Mazda6 can comfortably seat five adults or a mixture of adults and kids. 

Families can enjoy the benefits of the car's great gas mileage. As reported by the U.S. Department of Energy, the most current Mazda6 got a rating of 8 out of 10, with 10 being the best possible rating when it comes to preventing greenhouse gas emissions. The Mazda6 mpg numbers were also impressive, which will ultimately result in gas mileage savings on a long-term basis. The U.S. News and World Report cited great fuel economy as one of the big positives of owning a Mazda6.

With quality and an aesthetically pleasing interior, the Mazda6 provides plenty of room in the cabin for stretching out and relaxing for passengers while catering to the driver's comfort. Heated front seats and power-adjustable seats are optional. Entertainment inside the Mazda6 is plentiful with its AM/FM radio, and in-dash CD player with a total of six speakers. An element antenna, a USB connection, and radio data system are also included. 

Noteworthy About the Mazda6

The Mazda6 was named the second most affordable mid-size car by the U.S. News and World Report. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named it as a Top Safety Pick for 2014. It was also named the Best New Car of the Year for 2014 by Le Guide de L'Auto.

Mazda6 Safety Features

The Mazda6 boasts a wide variety of safety features and accessories to help protect the vehicle and its occupants. It has a front driver's side airbag, a front passenger's side airbag, a rear head airbag, and a side head airbag. The electronic stability control, traction control, and anti-lock brake system help the driver stay in control even during unexpected and emergency situations. This car also boasts daytime running lights, brake assist, and an integrated turn signal. Parents will appreciate the fact that the Mazda6 comes equipped with child safety locks. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Mazda6 comes with a standard Brake Transmission Shift Interlock technology, sometimes referred to as BTSI. This technology prevents children from accidentally switching gears when the car is parked. It simply requires the driver to have his foot on the brake before changing gears.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the new Mazda6 an overall evaluation of "G" for good, which is its highest possible rating. It individually reviewed the structure, safety cage, restraints, and dummy kinematics as good. Similarly, the head, neck, pelvis, chest, legs, and feet injury prevention measures of the Mazda6 also received a "Good" rating.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners Mazda6


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the Mazda6 is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 40.5 percent. At 32.7 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 73.2 percent for 1-2 owners.

Average Odometer Reading


Carfax Chart

If you are looking for a Mazda6 with no more than 60,000 miles, start your search with the 2009 model year.

2014 Mazda6 Specifications

  • From $20,990
  • 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder

  • 26 city / 38 hwy mpg 

  • Front wheel drive
  •  6-speed automatic or 6-speed manual

  • 184 hp @ 5,700 rpm

  • 111.4 inches

You saved me from bidding on a low priced 626. The car had been wrecked and put back on the road with changed mileage. Your reporting that to me, makes me appreciate the true and honest value of the service provide and I'm grateful its there.

—John McHugh