Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Lexus ES

Lexus puts the focus on comfort and amenities in the ES sedan. Available with a V6 or hybrid engine, the ES is a certified ultra-low emissions vehicle so consumers can worry less about their carbon footprint as they carve a path down the highway. There is generous headroom, enough legroom for passengers to cross their legs, more than 15 cubic feet of storage space, options for carbon heaters and ventilators inside seats, and a heated steering wheel. The active and passive safety systems appeal to those with safety on the forefront while the Lexus ES’s luxury touches and bevy of options may appeal to professionals and gadget lovers. CARFAX can help drivers interested in luxury and comfort find out more about the Lexus ES, including information about features, safety ratings, and proprietary data unique to specific vehicles.

Read More Below »

Used Lexus ES: In Depth


MODEL OVERVIEW

Manufactured since 1989, the Lexus ES has seen half a dozen upgrades as it progressed from a mid-size to full-size sedan. Despite of all the changes, it has always stayed true to its four-door luxury sedan blueprint. Those looking for pre-owned models should start their search with the fourth generation Lexus ES, from 2001 to 2003. This is when the vehicle was overhauled inside and out.

Current Lexus ES models, ES and its hybrid option, the ES-H, extend the focus on luxury and comfort while maintaining performance and safety standards. High-tech options include the Lexus Enform App Suite, which lets you access Sirius XM data services, Safety Connect, and the internet. The "E" can also stand for "eco-friendly" as sustainable and green materials are used to build some of the details and interior features. For example, you can choose between leather for the seats or synthetic green NuLuxe. The hybrid does not compromise when it comes to performance or luxury. With 40 mpg it gets better fuel economy than most subcompact cars.

LEXUS ES SAFETY RATINGS

One element Lexus does not consider a luxury is safety. The active and passive protective elements work together to safeguard the driver and passengers. The Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Lane Departure Alert will signal drivers of potential traffic and road hazards. Passive safety considerations include the use of digital crash test innovation to design the 10 airbags that come standard in the ES as well as its Pre-Collision system, which can help apply brakes before you know you need them. These features and others have led the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety to rate the 2014 Lexus ES as “Good” (the highest rating) on all available categories. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the vehicle top marks in three out of four safety categories.


NOTEWORTHY ABOUT THE LEXUS ES

J.D. Powers and Associates gave the Lexus ES five out of five stars for overall quality, performance, design, and predicted reliability. Intellichoice named the 2013 ES Best Overall Value.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners Lexus ES


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the Lexus ES is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 39.7 percent. At 33.8 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 73.5 percent for 1-2 owners.

Number of Service Records Lexus ES


Carfax Chart

The Lexus ES has an average of 6.8 service records, such as oil changes or transmission fluid changes. 53 percent have had more than five service records, making this a well maintained vehicle.

2014 ES Specifications

  • From $39,620
  • 3.5 liter V6

  • 21 city / 31 hwy mpg

  • Front wheel drive
  • Six-speed sequential automatic

  • 268 hp @ 6200 rpm

  • 111 inches

I had recently purchased a Lexus ES350 then i thought I haven't even checked the CARFAX,so I looked at the reports it had been in the shop 27 times mostly for electrical problems. Luckily the dealership had a 5 day return policy.

—Jim Bearden