Find The Right Car
With The Right History

Hyundai Genesis

The Hyundai Genesis is a great choice if you're looking for a spacious premium sedan. With 125.3 cubic feet of interior space, this comfortable car offers plenty of room to stretch your legs. During your search for a Genesis, carfax.com helps you find local cars with detailed vehicle reports with information that can help you avoid a problematic car including lien information, registration records, and accident history.

Read More Below »

Used Hyundai Genesis: In Depth


USED HYUNDAI OWNER REVIEWS

2012 Hyundai Genesis

Upgrade necessary. For work and day-to-day comment. Wonderful interior, great tech features, quiet interior, and very smooth drive. Test drive this car and you will appreciate the value it brings. Buy it used in good condition and you will be very happy.
See also: 2014 Hyundai Genesis Test Drive Review

MODEL OVERVIEW

Even when the first model year Genesis was produced, it received exceptional safety ratings. The 2009 Hyundai Genesis earned five star ratings in crash testing from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Hyundai had a reputation for creating high-quality economic cars, and it planned to expand into the premium sedan market with the Genesis. Sticking true to its principles, Hyundai offered drivers a high-quality car loaded with features at the most affordable price possible.

Discreet is a good way to describe the exterior of the Genesis. It's hard to find anything to criticize about the well-balanced exterior; it doesn't stand out from other cars on the road. On the other hand, the interior grabs your attention. The 2014 Genesis includes a long list of standard features such as heated seats, keyless entry and ignition, and satellite radio. If you find a model with an upgraded technology package, you get even more features. You can listen to your music with amazing clarity through the 17-speaker stereo system, find the quickest route to your destination with the navigation system that receives real-time traffic updates, parallel park with ease thanks to the rear-view camera, and stay comfortable in hot weather with the cooled driver's seat.

If you live in an area with hot weather, you may want to begin your search with the 2011 models or newer. They're equipped with cooled seats for both the driver and passenger. Dual-zone climate control and adaptive cruise control are also available as upgradable options.

The 2014 Hyundai Genesis comes with an upgraded transmission — an eight-speed automatic transmission that also gives the driver the option to shift gears. While driving through bad weather, hills, or during spiriting driving, the transmission has preset shifting patterns for increased safety or optimized performance. The base 3.8-liter V-6 engine now makes 333 hp, and the 5.0-liter V-8 makes an impressive 429 hp. Leather seating, leather interior, and push button start are standard features, with the option to upgrade to two stereo systems: a 528-watt, 14-speaker system or a 17-speaker system with surround sound and a DVD player.

SAFETY

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, since its creation, the Hyundai Genesis received the highest possible ratings in every crash test conducted. The 2014 model has many safety features including front head restraints that automatically adjust in the event of a crash to reduce the chance of whiplash, and headlights that shift as you turn to increase your vision.

Vehicle Overview


Number of Owners for the Genesis


Carfax Facts

Compared to all other cars for sale, the Hyundai Genesis is above average when it comes to having 1-owner cars from which to choose at 52.8 percent. At 32.9 percent for 2-owner cars, this puts it at a combined total of 85.7 percent for 1-2 owners. Since it was introduced 5 years ago, it makes sense that these numbers will likely go down as time goes on. 

Average Odometer Reading


Carfax Chart

To find a Genesis under 40,000 miles, look to the 2011 model year or later. 

2014 Genesis Specifications

  • From $35,200
  • 3.8L V-6 / 5.0L V8

  • 18 city / 27 hwy mpg (V6)

    15 city / 23 hwy mpg (V8)

  • Rear-wheel drive
  • 8-speed automatic

  • 333 hp @ 6400 rpm (V6)

    429 hp @ 6400 rpm (V8)

  • 115.6 inches