The Chrysler Pacifica is an excellent choice for those who are looking for an elegant vehicle with the strength of an SUV and the functionality of a minivan. The Chrysler Pacifica was in production from 2003 until 2009 and was marketed as an upscale model compared to its competitors. Even though some reviewers have frowned upon how little room the third row seat offers while noting it is best for small children, it does fold flat offering additional cargo space if needed. This folding is conveniently done in fifty-fifty sections, as well, so additional passenger seating can still be made available.
Despite the fact that the Pacifica is a crossover, it has received praise for its carlike ride and reviewers have consistently remarked about how much it handles like a sedan. During its original inception, there were only two trim levels, the base model and the Limited. Each were considered well equipped for their model year, however additional features and improvements were made with the release of the Touring edition in 2005. Another feature of this crossover is its ability to tow. The Chrysler Pacifica has a towing capacity of up to 2,600 pounds making it a viable option to handle light duty recreational travel.
For those who are looking for comfortable seating for four with an upscale interior, the Chrysler Pacifica should be strongly considered. Even though it will seat more, the additional seats are best used when commuting or carpooling additional people during excursions or short trips.
The 2008 Chrysler Pacifica earned a "Good" rating for moderate overlap front from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave 5 out of 5 stars for the front driver, front passenger, side driver, and side passenger safety test. Safety features in the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica include four-wheel anti-lock brakes, child safety locks, and head air bags for the front and rear row.
NOTEWORTHY ABOUT THE CHRYSLER PACIFICA
- The Chrysler Pacifica is an excellent choice for those in need of passenger seating for five or six, as well as those who prefer the use of four doors over a slider in a minivan.
- Those driving a 2008 Pacifica have a choice between a front wheel drive and an all-wheel drive model.
- In comparison to most other crossover vehicles, the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica is considered to have the most comfort options held within its upscale interior, including climate control for front passengers, reading lights throughout, air filtration, and an electro-chromatic rearview mirror.
- Additional features in the 2008 Pacifica include air conditioning in dual zones, keyless entry operated by remote, power operated front seats, rear parking assist for the top of the line Limited trims, and leather wrapped steering.
- Reviewers note that getting in and out of the third row of seats is surprisingly simple in the 2008 Chrysler Pacifica thanks to the low-entry height design and seating that is upright.
- The cargo space in the base model is 92 cubic feet and almost 80 cubic feet in the Touring and Limited trims.
For those looking for a family vehicle with some muscle, but do not want a minivan or an SUV, the crossover features of the Chrysler Pacifica will not disappoint. Not only will you be able to haul up to 2,600 pounds if the need arises, but you will be able to seat up to six people. There is also plenty of cargo space on top of all of those features and benefits.
To sum up, the Chrysler Pacifica is an excellent choice for those who prefer a crossover instead of a minivan or an SUV. You can find a Pacifica that fits your personal preferences, using a wide variety of search criteria including valuable historical detail search options available exclusively on Carfax.com.